Then I found some fabric in my stash that would I thought look great with the pink pinwheels, so I chose some green and lime green fabric to accent them with. For some reason they look neon green in this photo, but they aren't that bright in person!
So I ended up making 8 more pinwheels and then putting the green borders around them. So now I have twelve 9.5" blocks. I decided that I am going to use these for a baby gift for my friend Mary.
I was originally thinking about a simple layout like this:
BUT... then I discovered dark stains on my multicolored fabric (you can actually see it in the pics above). I think it came from washing it with another fabric. UGH! I hate when that happens! So now I may have to rethink what I'm going to do because I might not have enough of that fabric. I'm rewashing the fabric now, but I doubt it will help. Back to the drawing board...
Until later, happy sewing!